AT&T Wireless Projects
Project Type: Mission Critical
According to AT&T, over the past five years, wireless data traffic has increased more than 20,000 percent on their wireless network alone. People are no longer only accessing the Internet at home or in the office, they are doing it wherever they are from their mobile devices. AT&T network engineers are helping to enable this shift in Internet using habits by putting in place new technologies, such as Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS). A DAS network consists of many antennas turned to precisely match the areas of a building or venue where boosted service is needed. AT&T DAS helps address the exponential network traffic growth at large venues and other hard to serve areas, such as sporting and entertainment venues, hospitals, college campuses, airports, hotels, conference centers, casinos and more.
The engineers at Highland Associates have been working hand in hand with AT&T Antenna Services Group to provide electrical, mechanical and structural engineering design services to support this work in a variety of venues, beginning with Penn State University's Beaver Stadium. Highland designed the installation of the Wi-Fi antenna work throughout the stadium and a DAS throughout the famed State College stadium.
Since the successful completion of the Beaver Stadium project, Highland has gone on to complete, or begin, projects with AT&T at the following locations:
- Giant Center, Hershey, PA
- Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, PA
- Wells Fargo Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Lincoln Financial Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Susquehanna Bank Center, Camden, NJ
- Geisinger Health System, Danville, PA
- Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA
- Christiana Care Health System, Newark, DE
- State Capital Building, Harrisburg, PA
- Penn State University Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA
- Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, Atlantic City, NJ
- Golden Nugget Hotel and Casino, Atlantic City, NJ
- Hershey Park Stadium, Hershey, PA
Highland provided engineering design services for the placement of a 80'x20' shelter on the roof of the Fan Zone Team Store at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia. This was the largest shelter in the country for AT&T at the time of its design. In addition to the DAS project, Highland has also completed a Wi-Fi project at the Philadelphia International Airport. This project provides free Wi-Fi service to every area within the airport where a passenger can be located.